Saturday, February 12, 2011

To get you started...Don't get ME started!

So, some of you may know I am expecting! Yay! Baby boy (Preston) is due in a couple of months. My entire person hurts and my job makes it LESS enjoyable to weigh 30 extra LBS.
That aside, I am pretty scared! This is my first pregnancy and I am having him in the same hospital in which I am currently employed. I'm not scared of the pain or the fact that my business will be on display. I am afraid of the fact that I get nurses (and sometimes Doctors) asking ME what some of our supplies and equipment do! I DON'T KNOW!!
Look, I can let go of the fact that 80% of the people I talk to on the phone can't speak English. I can even let go of the fact that 90% of the paper requisitions for supplies I get off of the fax machine are misspelled or MADE UP names for items. But, I just can't let go of the fact they are asking ME what a piece of medical equipment or item is for and how it works!!!!

(Here are just 2 examples of the things I see coming off of the fax machine.)



No comments:

Post a Comment